Contempt of court is a situation in which a person may have been disrespectful or disobeyed a court order or the court’s authority.  
A judge can impose sanctions on an individual found in contempt.


     If the other party fails to follow a court order, he or she may be in contempt of court and may face monetary loss or jail time. When the other party is unwilling to follow orders of the court, you need an attorney to help you enforce the court’s order. If you are the party who is unable to follow orders of the court, you may be eligible for a modification of the underlying court orders so that your obligations are modified and you do not face monetary sanctions or jail time.

Call Today for a Free Consultation

(262) 637-8551

Murphy Johnson & Trampe
Racine Divorce Attorneys

Meet our Attorneys

Phillip Z. Trampe


Matthew P. Johnson


James R. Joling


Jillian E. Clausen


Contact Murphy, Johnson, & Trampe, S.C.

    Contact us

    Opposing Party


    * Required

    By submitting this form you confirm that you have read our disclaimer. Disclaimer: The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form. 

    Professional family law help for every client

    The attorneys at Murphy Johnson & Trampe S.C. have successfully represented thousands of family law clients throughout Southeastern Wisconsin. Based on our results, we have obtained a strong reputation in the legal community.

    We regularly handle matters in areas such as Racine, Lake Geneva, Williams Bay, Fontana, Delavan, East Troy, Burlington,Whitewater, Twin Lakes, Kenosha, Waukesha, Milwaukee, Brookfield and Mukwonago, as well as other communities throughout Racine County, Kenosha County, Waukesha County, Milwaukee County, and Walworth County, Wisconsin.