Location Image

913 Main Street

Racine, WI 53403

Time Image

Mon - Thurs: 8:00 am - 5:00 pm Fri: 8:00 am - 3:30 pm

Social Security and Divorce

“In the case of a currently married couple, only one spouse can claim spousal benefits. To do so, one spouse must file for Social Security benefits. Then the other can file “a restricted claim for spousal benefits” on the first spouse’s record and collect half of the first spouse’s FRA amount while their own benefit grows up to age 70, then switch to their own maximum benefit.”

For the full article, please click here: http://www.investmentnews.com/article/20180307/BLOG05/180309941/social-security-and-divorce-mary-beth-franklin-answers-your-questions